Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 12 - I'm a Photoshop genius!

Ok, maybe "genius" is too strong a word, but I am definitely very impressed with myself today!

I found this lovely piece of toile wallpaper to use as a background image for the project.


It's perfect, and I love it. But I need to tile it so it repeats across the screen. I stared at it for about five minutes and looked for places I could crop it without chopping up any of the objects.

It can't be done.

This is where my genius comes in. Maybe it's something I heard somewhere along the line, and I'm just remembering it. Whichever. I'll take it.

I found a point in the image that repeats, the man kneeling on the ground, and used the center of his shoulder as a repeat point.

 
I cropped the image, horizontally, from the center of his shoulder to the center of the next kneeling man. Then I cropped the image vertically on a different point, the top of the chicken's tail feathers.

I ended up with a perfect, tileable image.


Very pleased. Very pleased indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment