Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week 14 - Ok... I give.

Ok... I give.

The "fun bits" I envisioned for this project are just not happening.

I had so many plans.

I was going to make maps that "did things" when you mouse over them. I was going to narrate pieces of the information. I was going to have some video. I was going to have some animated .gifs...

There just wasn't enough time. And frankly, most of it was beyond my ability right now.

I have to put the priority on the content. The content of the website is the "meat," the "guts." I love this topic, and I can't sacrifice the content for a few arty bits.

It's better that I include all the salient points of this subject in a way that maintains the user's interest and understanding... even if a cup of tea had some animated steam rising out of it would have been super cute!

I soothed my disappointment by making a batch of the cream scones from the recipe page.

They were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment