Sunday, April 7, 2013

Week 12 - "Opium" May be a Problem

At work, I have access to Internet Explorer 9, which I do not have at home.

This gives me a good opportunity to test the website as I go and see how it looks in different browsers.

That is, until I got to the Silver Triangle page. It turns out that words like "opium," "drug dealing," "selling drugs," and "addiction" hit the filters at work, and it has blocked the page from showing.

This never occurred to me.

So... I tried to change the page name from "opium" to "silvertriangle," but that didn't make a difference. The internet filter looks at the content on the page, not just the URL name and suffix.

It works just fine at home, of course, and I'm able to test in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 8. That will have to do.

I just hope the Honors panel isn't going to be viewing this in IE9...

No comments:

Post a Comment