Thursday, April 18, 2013

Week 13 - Baroque and Brocade

Baroque and brocade are two words I've heard for years but never had a need to know much about either.

It turns out my website has both.

On the Britain page, I used a brocade pattern for the background image. And on the Britain and East India Company pages, they each include baroque music.

I had fun researching the music for this project, though I did lose an entire Saturday to the effort.

With the exception of the Chinese music on the History page, each main page includes an image and a music file of a British composer of that time period.

I didn't know "classical" music was divided into different periods before this.  This project spans the 17th-19th centuries, which include the "baroque," "classical," "impressionist," and "modern" genres of classical music, and I have included pieces from many of them.

I like baroque music.  I've often listened to The Baroque Show on NPR on Sunday mornings, but now I know I have some historical context to go with it, which makes it that much more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment